Friday, November 14, 2008

Nobody worries about Christ as long as he can be kept shut up in churches. He is quite safe inside. But there is always trouble if you try and let him out.-- G. A. Studdert Kennedy





A Christian……..a follower of Christ……how do you follow Christ? How do you love Christ?



Whose will………His will? How do you hear Him when He speaks? Do you hear Him? Do you listen?



Which are you…….one like the woman caught in adultery……..or the prideful scorner hurling stones?Are you like the humble tax collector who comes before God admitting your brokenness……….or are you like the Pharisee…..better than the broken one?



Are you saved? You know the beginning…….you know the ending…….but what comes between?



What does this mean?

Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

What does it mean to you?



I have to admit, there is nothing easy in being a follower of Christ. It’s easy being saved, easy reading the Bible, going to church, praying but when it comes to actually living our belief and faith……we fail miserably.



Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.



Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.



I have taken these two verses to heart in a big way. Because being a follower of Christ is sometimes burdensome. Giving up your desires for His desires, asking for His will in your life as opposed to your own….this is not an easy thing. But He equips us, and gives us the strength we need to walk the walk with Him.



Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.



When you ask God to create in you a clean heart…….it means sometimes He has to break you down, bring you to your knees……..and it hurts! Coming face to face with God with all your brokenness has got to be one of the most painful things you will ever do….but I can tell you from the depth of my heart that it is the most spirit refreshing thing you will ever do!



The closer you draw to God, the lonelier you feel as a Christian. There is nothing sadder than talking with a fellow believer about the wonders of the Holy Spirit, the amazing grace of God, and they look at you with glazed eyes. I know this because I too once stood with glazed eyes, just “not getting it”. When I talk about listening to His Word while I sleep, or listening to His Word on my IPOD as I walk, other Christians look at me as though I am whacko!



Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.



What does that verse mean to you? It means exactly what it says to me. And if we are mocked for loving God this way……….who is being mocked……is it us………is it God’s work in us……..is it God Himself?



Mt. 11:15

No comments: